We’ve put up a comparison of two full-featured social media management solutions in the following article: Hootsuite vs Sprout Social. Because these programs offer a variety of social networks, picking one over the other isn’t as straightforward as picking the one with the most features.
Both programs may help you schedule social media postings, reply to messages, and analyze your social media audiences, but one is superior than the other. To identify the advantages of one program over the other, it is best to look at how each one executes its tasks.
Hootsuite vs Sprout Social 2022
Sprout Social was started in 2010 with the goal of making it easier for businesses and customers to interact. Sprout Social was intended to offer a number of capabilities to businesses while preserving a nice user experience.
Key Differences Between Hootsuite vs Sprout Social
When it comes to must-have features, bulk scheduling, and optimizing send times, both of them apply. In the Hootsuite vs Sprout Social battle, social CRM and chatbots placed Sprout Social ahead.
- With social network administration, publishing, and reporting tools, Sprout Social is a good solution for medium to larger businesses with several social accounts per platform and various users within a social media management team. Many companies and consumers like Sprout Social, but its price puts some people off, as we’ll see later.
- Because of its numerous features, integrations, posting possibilities, and even pricing, Hootsuite is a superb all-around social media management platform for enterprises and people of all sorts. Hootsuite’s price is the most appealing of these qualities.
To make the comparison easier, let’s look at some of the features of Sprout Social vs. Hootsuite.
In preparation for the Sprout Social,
- A variety of detailed reporting options are available.
- Collaboration and automation tools that work
- Workflow management software for teams
- Insightful reporting templates
- Social listening automation tools
Hootsuite is a social media management tool.
- Creating a social media update schedule
- Supervising the content curation team
- Apps and integrations library
- Its app store has over 150 applications.
- A huge library of integrations
Posting On Social Media And Scheduling
These two systems have essentially comparable social media publishing features. From the main feed panel, you may create a message, choose whose account it comes from, attach photographs, shorten links, and target an audience.
In addition, both systems allow you to keep track of incoming data such as social mentions, shares, and tweets. This function helps businesses communicate with their customers on social media. You can keep track of everything using Sprout Social’s social inbox. Hootsuite, on the other hand, keeps track of each feed individually.
Hootsuite vs Sprout Social vs In Terms of Social Media Publishing
- In addition to the image, Sprout Social allows you to incorporate the first remark on your Instagram post. It’s critical to do both at the same time since this is where people often add extra hashtags to make the content more discoverable.
- The ability to reply to all material from the dashboard, regardless of whether it was provided via Hootsuite or not. This is especially useful if you want to manage all of your social media accounts from one place.
These can be platform-specific features that, depending on the details, can make or break deals for particular consumers.
Hootsuite vs Sprout Social in Analytics:
Hootsuite’s analytics provide you access to data from any linked social media site, even if you didn’t post the material through Hootsuite. This is quite advantageous. You will, however, only receive traffic data for links posted using Hootsuite.
Sprout Social provides a variety of reports for each platform, allowing you to look into the activity of company pages and groups. It’s also a good idea to keep an eye on the tags and keywords. These might help you recall important business terms so you can respond to and engage with your audience.
Because it was built to help agencies and corporations, Sprout Social includes extra analytics. If you are not developing on the side of creating social media analytics reports for your clients or so, this social listening might be superfluous and occasionally burdensome for regular users.
Sprout Social interacts with a variety of technologies, including Google Analytics, Zendesk, and UserVoice, to help you enhance your social media analytics and customer support.
Hootsuite, on the other hand, provides an app store with hundreds of connectors (including Adobe and Slack, which Sprout Social does not offer).
Hootsuite vs Sprout Social: Pricing
There’s no denying that Sprout Social will cost you money.
Sprout Social offers three price tiers:
The regular plan is $89 per month per user (paid yearly) or $99 per month on a month-to-month basis.
- The Professional Plan is $149 per month per user (paid yearly) or $169 per month on a month-to-month basis.
- The advanced plan is $249 per month per user (paid yearly) or $279 per month on a month-to-month basis.
Sprout Social does not have a free edition; however it does offer a 30-day free trial. The regular package includes 5 social media accounts; however, you will need to pay more if you need more social media profiles, competition social media reports, or help determining optimal social media send times.
Pricing for Hootsuite may be more affordable in the beginning. So, the victor of the Sprout Social vs. Hootsuite price battle will undoubtedly be Hootsuite.
Hootsuite offers five price tiers:
- Professional Plan – 39 Euro per month: 10 social accounts for 1 user with unlimited post scheduling • Free Plan (which is useful) – 3 social profiles for 1 user and 30 posts monthly
- 109 euro/month for a team plan with 20 social accounts and unlimited scheduling.
- Business Plan – 699 euro/month: Includes 35 social accounts, unlimited scheduling, and 10 unique users, as well as additional capabilities.
- Enterprise: Client-specific pricing
Even if Hootsuite cost begins lower when you want additional capabilities – which you will certainly require – the price rises tremendously.
Ease of Use: Hootsuite vs Sprout Social
Any legitimate social media management solution will combine posts from many social media channels. The way the interface presents the process and navigates the user, on the other hand, has a significant influence on usability. Despite the fact that both Hootsuite and Sprout Social collect posts in a feed, each platform displays the feed differently.
Dashboards From Hootsuite vs Sprout Social
Users may create adjacent streams on a single interface and customize the information presented in each feed, such as filtering and showing Facebook posts or new tweets, with Hootsuite.
Those who want to see everything at a glance and keep their minds engaged may enjoy it. Due of its to-do-list technique, it may appear anxiety provoking to those choosing for a lean page view.
In order to aggregate postings into a single feed, Sprout Social uses a different mechanism. You may customize the data in the feed by choosing and deselecting filters. With a simple click, you can easily switch to a network-specific viewing mode (for example, everything from Facebook).
However, this aggregated view – which appears sophisticated with too many images – might frighten some users and drive them to act hesitantly when they first encounter the software.
While Hootsuite provides an acceptable experience for most individuals, Sprout Social outperforms Hootsuite in terms of ease of use for bigger groups and organizations, making it the superior business tool.
What Could Be Better Than Hootsuite vs Sprout Social ?
What may be more beneficial to Sprout Social:
- Sprout For big team plans, social prices quickly climb, making it inappropriate for SMEs, freelancers, or single enterprises.
- Only paid users have access to advanced features, and YouTube integration is restricted.
- If you’re not a social media agency or type, the plethora of features available for different plans makes choosing and utilizing the program more difficult.
What Might Be A Better Hootsuite Feature:
- Hootsuite is known for being a touch behind the times. It also offers a limited number of lower-tier packages.
- More effective collaboration and social listening tools might be created, as well as better automation capabilities.